Friday 24 April 2015

Today I found my way back to my sewing machine,ive not made anything for what seems to be forever.
I made this gorgeous cushion cover in a fabric called ''bacall' by laura Ashley ..
this is a size 20 x 20 inch cover~




I love the cover but I thought it was too big to be left plain,so I decided to stencil it .....

 
the stencil has seen better days if im honest as its been used on so many of my projects,,but for the parts that seem to be tricky { curved up letters } I used a pair of long handled craft tweezers..shown below...
 


the tweezers make things a lot easier by holding down the tricky parts while stippling around the rest of the letter...
you can use either masking tape or as I have ...pinned the stencil onto the fabric to avoid it moving around...

the cover looks lovely and will now be added to my endless collection of soft furnishings : )


25/04/15~ 11.35 am

ive just finished another cushion ,this time stencilled with ''paris'' ...really pleased with them both : )
 

No comments:

Post a Comment